If I Could Only Pick 10 Makeup Products?
A few years back I wouldn’t have even entertained this frankly absurd notion but have recently cut back on my frivolous makeup expenditure, I’ve discovered that I don’t need or use quite as much as I thought. So selecting ten makeup products was relatively straightforward. These are my tried and true beauty picks that I use daily without fail and I would happily repurchase the same items again and again. I am a creature habit and if a product works I tend to stick with it. I may dabble with new makeup products as that’s essentially my job but I no longer feel the need to purchase the latest and greatest releases just for the sake of it.
- Foundation – this is most probably the most important product for me and my favourite. Get your base right and everything else will fall seamlessly in place. I have oily/combo skin with discolouration and marks from past breakouts. I prefer a full coverage foundation that holds up all day. I am not one to touch up my makeup at all. My go-to at the moment is bareMinerals BAREPRO Performance Wear 24hr liquid foundation. This also has an added SPF 20. This is so good I can’t recommend it highly enough! For a full review and shade match chart click here.
- Concealer – I wouldn’t be without Tarte Shape Tape. It is the only concealer I’ve tried that doesn’t crease under my eyes. It makes a perfect eyeshadow base and gives the rest of my face a soft-focus finish. I have backups upon backups of the stuff!
- Setting Powder – As I have oily/combo skin it is imperative to set my makeup in place and for that, a good translucent loose powder will do. Laura Mercier Translucent setting powder is a fantastic all-rounder as it can be used to undereye concealer as well. It’s incredibly fine and totally weightless on the skin. It keeps me shine free all day.
- Bronzer – this is such an important step in makeup because it brings back structure and colour to the face. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer is my ‘Holy Grail’ of bronzers. This is just pure magic. It bronzes whilst departing a soft glow that naturally highlights tops of cheekbones. It’s just the best!
- Blush – To bring some life and colour back into the skin, blush is a must. I have been addicted to the bareMinerals loose mineral blush Absolute Indulgent for the past six months and it doesn’t look like I will be putting this down anytime soon. It’s the perfect healthy skin pink. This was a limited edition but I’m sure you can find it on eBay or Amazon!
- Brows – Eyebrows frame the face and bring a makeup look together. I have to fill in my brows or else they look non-existent! I am super lazy and can’t be bothered with pencils and pens. I simply use a stencil and messily fill in my brow with powder. I think this gives a really natural, soft look plus it’s easy and quick to do. I use light brown from Beautiful Brows.
- EyeLiner – I could happily dismiss eyeshadow but eyeliner is a must for me daily. I love a pencil as it’s easy to apply and I like to smudge mine for a smokey effect. My go-to pencil is Estee Lauder Stay in Place in either Coffee or Burgundy Suede. These are amazing, they don’t transfer or fade throughout the day.
- Mascara – Too Faced Better Than Sex does it all. It’s jet black, conditioning formula fills out even the sparsest lashes making them look full and voluminous. I particularly like this one because I can layer it up as much as I want without getting crispy lashes.
- Lip Liner – NYX Glide-On Slide on in the shade Nude Suede Shoes is by far one of the best neutral lip liners out there. It stays put and stops lipstick from bleeding. It’s brilliant!
- Lipstick – I love a good lippy and I MAC Honey Love never fails me. It’s nude, it’s matte and I love it!
So there you have it my top 10! You see how I apply everything in my YouTube video here!
Leave a Reply