Bareminerals VS Laura Mercier
My love for mineral makeup comes as no surprise to those of you who have followed my blog throughout the years. Bareminerals has been a staple in my collection since I was nineteen. Since then so many companies have jumped on the mineral bandwagon and created their own. I wasn’t the slightest bit curious as I knew nothing could rival Bareminerals, the experts in mineral makeup. Along comes Laura Mercier, a high end brand that I was also familiar with having worked at SpaceNK. Laura Mercier is the epitome of quality cosmetics so anything she does is bound to be good. It wasn’t until years later that I kept hearing about her mineral powder on YouTube. I had to see what all the fuss was about. I went and bought the shade Rich Vanilla partly because I love the name! As described, this powder can be used to add colour almost like an all over bronzer but much more subtle. The ingredients are superior and minimal. ( You can read my full review & watch my demo here) Right, now on to the nitty gritty!
- SPF 15
- Light to medium coverage. You really have to work at building this, so I cheat and wear a bb cream underneath which will provide most of the coverage I need and the bm is just extra.
- Great colour selection
- Subtle glow finish not too shiny or too matte
- Can look patchy or chalky at the end of the day
- SPF 15
- Medium to full coverage without having to build. When I was slightly sunburned on holiday, this covered in seconds in one quick to apply layer.
- Water resistant
- Super smooth, finely milled powder that literally melts into your skin.
- Anti age ingredients including pearl which give it that gorgeous sheen.
- Finish is glowy/dewy if you have mature or dry skin this is a Godsend! If you prefer a matte finish you probably won’t like it.
- When used as a finishing powder over any liquid foundation this creates the most airbrushed, flawless face ever. It also makes you look natural and magically makes the rest of you makeup stay in place all day without degrading.
- Nice big pot with more product at 9.60g
So which one do I like best I hear you ask? Well, I love them both for different reasons. For me, the Bareminerals is a weekend/gym/casual/summer holiday wear. The Laura Mercier is my go to flawless face for events/dinners/special occasions etc.